We are an RIBA Chartered Architectural practice of eleven people providing services in North Devon. We are looking for a person with:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a pleasant and professional telephone manner.
• Proficient IT skills including MS Word, Excel, Internet, and e-mails (some knowledge of Sage would be an advantage but not essential).
• Good organisational skills, and an ability to adhere to office systems and policies.
• A desire to work in a busy office as part of a team.
• Great customer care skills.
Full-time contract: Monday -Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm with ½ hour for lunch.
Salary: £17,000-18,000 plus pension.
Holiday entitlement: 25 days plus bank holidays.
• To provide the public face and first point of contact for clients and others approaching the practice and maintain client relationships; (once Covid restrictions ease, this will include meeting and greeting clients when they attend meetings in the office).
• To provide support for all staff in their day-to-day work.
• To answer and forward phone calls.
• To ensure the office is adequately resourced by maintaining stock and stationery supplies.
• To maintain office project files, archives and data storage / retrieval systems.
• To submit Planning and Building Regulation applications under the guidance of the Practice Manager.
• To attend meetings and take minutes to distribute throughout staff.
• To sort, distribute, scan and file incoming post, organise and send outgoing post.
• To organise calendars, book meetings, both internally and externally.
• To book staff travel and accommodation requirements.
• To carry out other general day to day admin and housekeeping tasks to assist with the smooth running of the practice.
In-house training and support will be provided by the Practice Manager and Accounts Manager. If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV to email@example.com. Closing date 24th May 2021.